Monday, October 13, 2008

Moodle Moot 08 Brisbane


It’s official, I’m an e-learning educator geek, but thank God I’m not alone as I found out at the Moodle Moot 2008 held in Brisbane this October. This top notch two day conference covered everything ‘Moodle’ including key note address from the moodle creator himself (Australian Phd student turn Entrepreneur, interesting story worth reading about) and several workshops to choose from covering topics such as ‘Turbo Charging your Moodle’ and ‘Maintaining Online Communities”.


The highlight for me was meeting moodle builders from all over Australia and finding out the great variety of contexts that moodle is used for training. I also picked up a few new tools for my moodle site that I can’t wait to implement and share with you here at neovet. For those left in the dark, moodle is an open source Learning Management System that is now used in 199 countries and by millions of users to work through modular based, content and learning activities.

No comments: